At our book club, like at Cross of Glory, Everyone is Welcome! We discuss a wide variety of books, chosen by those who participate in the book club. Join us at any time, even if you haven’t read (or finished) the book. Be warned, however, we will discuss the ending! 😯
- Book Club – October 2021 -
On October 28th, the book club is discussing Keep You Close by Karen Cleveland. Please contact Cheryl Nabors if you have any questions or need the zoom link.
- September 2021 Book Club - In September, the book club will read Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis, by J. D. Vance. We’ll discuss the book on Thursday, September 23 at 7:00 pm.
- August 2021 Book Club - Remembrance Author to Speak at COG During August, the book club is reading the book, Remembrance, written by local author Rita Woods. And then on Thursday, September 2 at 7 pm, Ms. Woods will come to COG for an author visit. (You can participate in-person or via zoom.)
- July 2021 Book Club - The book club is reading The Wonder Boy of Whistle Stop by Fannie Flagg - "a heartwarming novel about secrets of youth rediscovered, hometown memories, and the magical moments in ordinary lives, from the beloved author of Fried Green Tomatoes..." We'll be discussing the book both in-person and on Zoom on Thursday, July 22, at 7 pm.
- April 2021 Book Club - This month, the book club is reading the best seller Where the Crawdads Sing, by Delia Owens. It’s described as “a coming-of-age crime drama about a girl growing up alone in the marshes of North Carolina.” We’ll meet on Zoom at 7 pm on Thursday, April 22, to discuss the book. Please contact Cheryl Nabors...