Summer Outreach Opportunities
During the summer we have lots of opportunities to be out in the community to share our faith, and show people who we are at Cross of Glory. Here are a number of different ways you can participate:
- Mokena Pride Fest on June 10 – volunteers are needed to staff the kids’ games from 12:30 – 2:30 and from 2:30 -4:30. And when you’re not volunteering, watch the COG band play at 2 or 3:30.
- Lockport’s Old Canal Days Parade on Friday, June 15 – join us at 5:30, and just like last year, we’ll hand out candy and publicize our preschool and our Superhero VBS. We’ll have costumes and loads of fun.
- Homer Glen Parade on Saturday, June 23– a shorter parade than Lockport’s, but we’ll be doing the same thing – having a fun time handing out candy and publicizing our preschool and our Superhero VBS. Join us at 10:30.
- Chicago Pride Parade at noon on Sunday, June 24 – this is a bit of a distance, but is a great way to show people who we are and what we believe as we march with the Chicago Coalition of Welcoming Churches.
- Homer Glen Art Event on Saturday, July 14– our kids games will be featured at this first annual chalk art event in Stonebridge Park in Homer Glen. Volunteers are needed from 9:30 to noon.
All these events are opportunities to tell the community who we are at Cross of Glory (and to make a lot of people smile). But we can’t do it without your help. So please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate which events you’d like to be part of.